Re: is this licence free?

Scripsit Noel Koethe <noel@koethe.net>

> But I don't know if the licence is free for the Debian Free Software
> Guidelines

It's completely OK.

[cut: benign BSD-type license]

>  * Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose on
>  * any computer system, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject

Somebody may object to this wording, because there is a "pine
interpretation" floating around which says that this only gives
permission to alter OR redistribute the sofware, but not both.
That interpretation is clearly rubbish in English, as the word
"to" does not appear between "and" and "redistribute".

--
Henning Makholm                  "I Gudfaders navn og sønnens og den hellige
                     ånds! Bevar os for djævelens værk og for Muhammeds, den