Re: standard fonts and euro

15.05.2001 pisze Anton Zinoviev (anton@lmlserver.bas.bg):

> BTW, Helvetica is registered trademark.  I think XFree86 must get
> permition to use that and other font trademarks in its modified
> fonts. That is problem for Debian too.  For example the fonts for ISO
> 8859-2 in Debian don't use registered trademarks, but use aliases
> instead.

Because these fonts *are not* Helvetica et al.

> In my opinion the free software comunity should stop using all
> registered trademarks, such as helvetica, times, courier, lucida,
> etc.

Even if these have been donated by the copyright owners?

best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

      A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice
      without getting nervous.