Re: Keyspan Firmware fun

Adam J. Richter <adam@yggdrasil.com>:

> >The binary doesn't violate the GPL. Only distribution of the binary
> >violates the GPL.
>
> 	Please reread the following section of my previous message.
> Indirect and contributory copyright infringement are different sections
> of title 17 of the United States Code.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about distribution of keyspan.o
after it was created rather than virtual distribution of it before it
is created. I think I see what you mean now. So you should tell people
very firmly not to create keyspan.o so that Debian isn't responsible
if they do, right?

Edmund