Re: Keyspan Firmware fun

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:31:12AM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> 	You told me that you would to be convinced only by a lawyer,
> Linus Torvalds or Alan Cox.  I took that as an indication that you
> did not want me to involve you in discussions with anyone else
> on this issue.

I also assumed that the conversation was over about this topic after the
thread died out.  When I read about it on linux-elitists and then on
LWN, I realized that it wasn't over :)

> 	Also, unfortunately, at this point I can't really warn you
> about every wheel that might be turning.  Sorry.

No problem, I understand completely.  No offense taken, that's why I
joined in here to try to help out.

> >As Adam left the conversation on the linux-usb-devel list, he didn't say
> >that he was going to continue on with this.  We (Hugh and I) thought he
> >was happy.
>
> 	Absolutely not.  This is completely unacceptable.  Please stop
> this copyright infringment!

Hm, I understand that you have a copyright claim on the keyspan.c file,
but I don't see how that transfers to the keyspan_usa*_fw.h files?  I do
understand your license objections, and would like to work to resolve
them.

As Hugh is in contact with the Keyspan people, I think we should wait to
hear back from them for what to do next.

thanks,

greg k-h