RE: Keyspan Firmware fun

> They are sadly mistaken if they think that releasing binary-only
> firmware will keep these secrets.

true... it's a case of whatever turns them on though... most are too scared
of open source to take it seriously (and don't realise that in hardware land
the two are often very similar).

> By the same token, we can buy hardware from more accommodating vendors.

accommodating vendors get 'out of the box' support. partially accommodating
vendors (those who provide code under restrictive licenses, specs under
nda's, etc.) get support with the (proposed) 'usb-firmware' package(s), and
the rest get nothing. simple.

 - samj

Richard Braakman