Re: rat license.

Joseph Carter writes:
 > On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 07:03:57PM +0200, David Martinez CSIC RedIRIS wrote:
 > > Encryption features of this software use the RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5
 > > Message-Digest Algorithm.
 > > -------
 > >
 > > 	I really don't know how to deal with MD5 and WB-ADPCM.
 >
 > This may be a problem as RSA's implementation of MD5 has no license.
 > There are versions which do however (one included with samba IIRC, I
 > believe it's GPL'd.  You'll need one that's BSD'd) or you can write your
 > own md5 code which replaces RSA's following the RFC - the reference code
 > in the RFC is RSA's though, so you have to go by the text of the RFC if
 > you do that.
 >
 > (We had the same problem about a year and a half ago with RSA's md4 code
 > and had to get a working GPL'd version..)

I haven't looked at the code yet, but the license says that RSA's
*algorithm* is used, not its implementation. I guess if we are realliy
talking about the algorithm, there is no problem at all (but I'll look
at the source to be sure that these guys have their own
implementation).

Saludos,

        Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona                | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
jgb@gsyc.escet.urjc.es / jgb@computer.org | ESCET, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos