Re: LinuxLand's strange copyright notices

Copyright != license

The individual authors generally hold the copyright on a given
package, although sometimes they assign it to places like the FSF.

I guess LinuxLand is saying they hold a copyright on the _packaging_
like the image on the CD and in the CD case. According to
Hans-Jörg's post, German copyright law allows them to copyright
the package itself, I don't know what implications that has.

Presumably the copyright on the software itself remains the
original author's, so the license ( GPL/BSD/whatever ) is still
valid for each individual binary.

I am not familiar with German copyright law in particular, maybe
someone could clarify this further.

--
Rob Helmer