Re: ITP: libtext-chasen-perl - ChaSen binding for perl

David Starner <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org> writes:

> Looks like a form of the law requirement Debian's been unhappy about
> before. I hate to say it's non-free on such an innocuous clause,
> but such is how it goes.

It's not innocuous in the world we live in.  There are countries which
do all kinds of horrid unpleasant things with law; they imprison
people for using the internet untrammeled and they put people in
prison if they dare to suggest that the government should be changed.

If China makes it illegal for me to send a copy of some program to a
Chinese national, then I will freely ignore that law.  Unless, that
is, the license has incorporated Chinese law into its terms, thus
making it enforceable in a US court.  I won't be party to that!

Thomas