This copyright notice seems free enough, as I can see they
don't want any responsibility but do want credit for their work.
Fair enough I think. :-)
Is this ok for Debian?
* Copyright 1992 Purdue Research Foundation, West Lafayette, Indiana
* 47907. All rights reserved.
* Written by Kevin S Braunsdorf, email@example.com, purdue!ksb
* This software is not subject to any license of the American Telephone
* and Telegraph Company or the Regents of the University of California.
* Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose on
* any computer system, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject
* to the following restrictions:
* 1. Neither the authors nor Purdue University are responsible for any
* consequences of the use of this software.
* 2. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented, either by
* explicit claim or by omission. Credit to the authors and Purdue
* University must appear in documentation and sources.
* 3. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
* misrepresented as being the original software.
* 4. This notice may not be removed or altered.