Re: QNX Open Community License

One point to keep in mind: They specifically disclaim GPL compatibility...

  "Unrestricted Open Source" means published source code that is
   licensed for free use and distribution under an unrestricted licensing
   and distribution model, such as the Berkley Software Design ("BSD")
   and "BSD-like" licenses. It specifically excludes any source code
   licensed under any version of the GNU General Public License (GPL) or
   the GNU Lesser/Library GPL. All "Unrestricted Open Source" license
   terms appear or are clearly identified in the header of any affected
   source code for the Original Program.

So be careful with derivative software and the GPL.  The severability
clauses are chilling, but so long as they're not being used in violation
of DFSG 5 and 6 (which it looks like they're not), I can see nothing
within the DFSG that precludes them.  Again with the last paragraph, it's
chilling, but not expressly forbidden by DFSG: The scope of the disclaimer
might be enough of a pollutant that DFSG 9 is triggered, but I doubt it.
Again, your big issue is to make sure that GPL software and OCL software
don't mix, other than that, you're pretty safe IMHO.  BTW, just out of
curiosity, what precisely are you looking at this license for?

--
I can be immature if I want to, because I'm mature enough to make my own
decisions.

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu