Re: css capable plugin for xine - what is the legal status?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 05:33:30PM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> On 2/15/2001 16:36, Brian Ristuccia at brian@ristuccia.com wrote:
>
> > Since US crypto laws have changed, it's quite possible that policy will be
> > updated to reflect this. Such changes, however, have not happened yet.
>
> True, but we may also want to keep it that way for historical reasons and
> just in case your US Gov't changes it's mind ;-)

Why? There's no real evidence that the US Government is any more likely
to start regulating code in a way that would be a problem to Debian
than there is that any other country that hosts a Debian mirror. There are
several governments right now who could have objections to Quake and
purity-off and the contents of the fortunes files. Worry about them first.
Debian's policies should be based on actual circumstances, not anti-US bias.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and