Re: New licence for cryto++ code-base

In general, it looks fine. (I've never seen a free compilation license,
though. That's funky.) A couple points . . .

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 12:36:56PM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
> All files in this library except the following are placed in
> the public domain by Wei Dai and other contributers.
>
> The following files are copyrighted by their respective original authors.
>
> haval.cpp - Copyright 1992 Yuliang Zheng.
> idea.cpp - Copyright 1992 Colin Plumb.
> mars.cpp - Copyright 1998 Brian Gladman.
> md2.cpp - Copyright 1994, 1995 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> serpent.cpp - Copyright 1998, 1999 Brian Gladman and Sam Simpson.

What are the licenses on these documents? Are they compatible and free
licenses?

> 2. Users of this software agree that any modification or extension
> they provide to Wei Dai will be considered public domain and not
> copyrighted unless it includes an explicit copyright notice.

This is the only thing that's unusual, and I don't see why it would
be non-DFSG-free. (It might be unenforcable, but that's his problem.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org