Re: "Legal Terms of Service" advice please

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Rick Younie wrote:

<second paragraph>
>    You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Geocrawler.com, VA
>    Linux Systems, and all related services from any and all liability,
>    penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes
>    of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of
>                               this service.
</second paragraph>

> The second paragraph is a little scary.  It would seem prudent to
> ask for permission to distribute the script, yes?  It's a little
> late though.

Like I read it, all they ask is that you make sure they don't get sued for
something you did:

"You agree to indemnify (...) Geocrawler.com (...) from any and all
liability (...) caused by (...) your use of this service."

But IANAL, of course.

Remco
--
qn-195-66-31-144:  12:15am  up 3 days,  5:39, 12 users,  load average: 1.31, 1.45, 1.68