Question about notification clauses

I have read over the DFSG and have not been able to satisfy my own
question. I have a program that I might package which carries a license
that, but for one clause, I believe is almost identical to the Artistic
License. It carries the restriction that any commercial use of the
software is allowed as long as the author receives notification. No
permission to be granted, simply a notification. Is this software still
DFSG-free? I recall reading about a problem that, if notification is
required, but the entity no longer exists, then the software is
unusable. Does this apply in this case? I have included the license in
question below.

Thank you for your time, and please CC me with the response.

Jonathan Eisenstein
jeisen@mindspring.com

 * Copyright (c) 2000 by Lydia Leong, David Passmore, and Robby Griffin.
 * Copyright (c) 1999 by Lydia Leong and David Passmore.
 * All rights reserved.
 * See http://www.godlike.com/3.0/ for more information.
 *
 * TinyMUX Source Code
 * Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, David Passmore.
 *
 * TinyMUSH 2.2 Source Code
 * Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, Lydia Leong, Jean Marie Diaz,
 * and Deborah Wilson-Hooker.
 *
 * TinyMUSH 2.0 Source code
 * Copyright (c) 1991, Joseph Traub and Glenn Crocker. All rights reserved.
 *
 * Based on TinyMUD code
 * Copyright (c) 1995, David Applegate, James Aspnes, Timothy Freeman,
 *                     and Bennet Yee. All rights reserved.
 *
 * (Modified by these authors from the original 1989, 1990 TinyMUD copyright.)
 *
 * ---
 *
 * TinyMUSH 3.0 is a derivation of TinyMUSH 2.2 and TinyMUX, both of which
 * are derivations of TinyMUSH 2.0, which in turn is based upon TinyMUD.
 * There are also portions of source code derived from PennMUSH 1.50.
 *
 * This copyright notice is based upon the latest TinyMUD and TinyMUSH 2.0
 * copyright, with additional specific copyright information for TinyMUSH 3.0.
 *
 * ---
 *
 * Revised TinyMUD / TinyMUSH 2.0 copyright:
 *
 * modification, are permitted provided that: (1) source code distributions
 * retain the above copyright notice and this paragraph in its entirety,
 * and (2) distributions including binary code include the above copyright
 * notice and this paragraph in its entirety in the documentation or other
 * materials provided with the distribution.  The names of the copyright
 * holders may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from
 * this software without specific prior written permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
 * WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
 * MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
 *
 * ---
 *
 * TinyMUSH 3.0 Copyright
 *
 * Users of this software incur the obligation to make their best efforts
 * to inform the authors of noteworthy uses of this software.
 *
 * All materials developed as a consequence of the use of this software
 * shall duly acknowledge such use, in accordance with the usual standards
 * of acknowledging credit in academic research.
 *
 * TinyMUSH 3.0 may be used for commercial, for-profit applications, subject
 * to the following conditions: You must acknowledge the origin of the
 * software, retaining this copyright notice in some prominent place.
 * You may charge only for access to the service you provide, not for
 * the TinyMUSH 3.0 software itself. You must inform the authors of
 * any commercial use of this software.
 *
 * The authors have made no warranty or representation that the operation
 * of this software will be error-free. The authors are under no obligation
 * to provide any services, by way of maintenance, update, or otherwise.