Re: Releasing Free Software

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Clark Rawlins wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am developing a software package that does some raster image
> manipulations.  That part isn't important.  I work for a company
> that required me to sign a document that gives them the right
> to any IP that I develop while I am employed here.  My boss
> is willing to let me distribute the software (I will license it
> under the GPL) but I wish to have a written document that he
> can sign to protect me from any future problems.
>
> I saw something like this on either the fsf or the GPL site but
> I can't find it now.  Does anyone have a form document I could use
> in the US (California) to accomplish this?

I think what you're looking for is the last section of the GPL, where it
gives instructions for people in your situation. (Basically, get signed
permission from your boss or someone else in a position to grant you
permission).

--
"The Information Superhighway made it possible for the average person
to find out what some nerd thinks about Star Trek"

http://lit.compsoc.com/
http://www.litsu.ie/

GPG Fingerprint: B6C4 9E2B C62F 1B05 FC0D  F543 6800 67C7 FF5D 8291