Re: Are GPLed .gifs legal at all ???

Scripsit Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com>

> Format distributed is *NOT* random gif that simply happened to be
> compressed LZW. Format distributed is LZWed gif.

> Mere existence of nonLZW gifs doesn't make any difference to FACT that,
> due to patent problems, one can't modify LZW gifs.

That reasoning would also imply that you cannot modify, say, the main
Makefile that comes with the GCC source, because once you've modified
it, it is not the main Makefile that comes with the GCC source anymore.

--
Henning Makholm                               "Hi! I'm an Ellen Jamesian. Do
                                        you know what an Ellen Jamesian is?"