Re: SGI Free SW license 1.1 compatability with Xfree86 style license

Scripsit James LewisMoss <jimdres@mindspring.com>

> It's not SGI can sue you if you use their software to compete with them.

Why not? Their agreement says that I must indemnify their losses if my
use of the program cause them to lose money.

If you want to claim that it does not say that, then pleas point to
the place where my readiong breaks down instead of just asserting that
I am wrong.

> It's if someone uses their software they've gotten from you and that
> someone sues SGI takes no responsibility for that someone

It *also* says that. But it's not all it says.

--
Henning Makholm                            "I, madam, am the Archchancellor!
                                       And I happen to run this University!"