Re: SGI Free SW license 1.1 compatability with Xfree86 style license

Scripsit James LewisMoss <jimdres@mindspring.com>
> On 30 Jun 2000 18:49:01 +0200, Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> said:

>  Henning> That is a very broad clause: "Recipient will .. indemnify
>  Henning> .. SGI from, .. any loss ... arising out of Recipient's use
>  Henning> .. of the Covered Code". That seems to mean that if I use
>  Henning> the software in a business that competes successfully with
>  Henning> SGI, they could sue me and demand that I pay up for their
>  Henning> lost profits. If that's a legal interpretation I'd say this
>  Henning> is quite nonfree.

> This reads to me just as a no warranty clause.

That is probably the intent of it. However, can you refuse that my
reading is one of the cases the language actually covers?

--
Henning Makholm                   "Jeg mener, at der eksisterer et hemmeligt
                                 selskab med forgreninger i hele verden, som