Re: SGI Free SW license 1.1 compatability with Xfree86 style license

>> "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:

 > Due the complicated nature of part of the GLU library in mesa, the
 > authors are considering switching to using the version distributed
 > by SGI. The question has arisen as to whether the SGI Free SW
 > license B is compatable with the DFSG.

Just in case someone takes a look at the actual code, there are some
.spec files there, and they state GLU is GPLed.  This is wrong (which
is funny, because it says there the RPM Packager is SGI :-)

I eyeballed all of GLU's source and it's most definitively under the
SGI FSWL-B.

 > As I would like to see all of mesa stay in main, we would
 > appreciate any insight you can provide. I will provide a summary of
 > the discussion to mesa-dev.

Ditto here.  If the license is DFSG, I'd like to package the OpenGL
manpages distributed with the SI (that is, if James doesn't want to do
that himself), all under this license.

TIA,

					Marcelo