Re: SGI Free SW license 1.1 compatability with Xfree86 style license

On 29 Jun 2000, Henning Makholm wrote:

> Scripsit "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org>
>
> > The SGI Free SW license B version 1.1 can be found at
> > http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB
>
> Only in M$ Word and PostScript formats. The PostScript seems to kill
> ghostscript, so it's hard to comment on.

The PS worked fine for me.  But if that doesn't work, may I reccomend
AbiWord to view the MS Word format?  (http://www.abisource.com).

The 2.3 restriction refered to is that hardware implementations are
prohibited.  This seems like a complicated question.  On one hand, the
derivation seems tenuous at best.  On the other hand, we wouldn't want to
open ourselves up to "this program may be distributed in modified form,
but only if the source is in CRAY YMP-1 assembly."

				sam th
				sam@uchicago.edu
				http://www.abisource.com/~sam