Re: Ocaml status?

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 08:18:03AM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:

>    What's the status of Ocaml?  I noticed parts of it were under GPL and
> other parts not.  Can I write software in Ocaml without requiring users
> get non-free software to compile it?

The top of the ocaml package copyright file:

This package was debianized by Sven LUTHER luther@debian.org on
Tue,  9 Feb 1999 21:41:35 +0100.

It was downloaded from ftp.inria.fr:/lang/caml-light/

Upstream Author(s): Xavier Leroy, Jerome Vouillon and Damien Doligez

Copyright:

All files marked "Copyright INRIA" in the following directories and
their sub-directories are distributed under the terms of the GNU
Library General Public License (found in /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL
on debian systems):

            asmrun, byterun, maccaml, otherlibs, stdlib

All files marked "Copyright INRIA" in the other directories and their
sub-directories are distributed under the terms of the Q Public
License version 1.0 (included below).

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with