Mirror site (fwd)

Dear,

We are planning to start a new download site for public downloads which will be a little different from all existing download sites.

In short words the users will be able to do a “download” of public available software but instead of getting the information electronically via internet we will instantly and automatically create a CD with the requested information, the CD will be sent out to the customer just a few hours later.

The advantage to the user will be the ability to get new software very fast on a CD-media, the user do not have to use those heavy loaded ftp sites and wait for long downloads. The user will also be able to bring the software with him for different installations since the user has the software on a CD.

The advantage to the ftp sites will be a little less traffic which will help them to serve the ones that still wants to download the software in a traditional way due to faster download times from less overloaded ftp sites.

The service will be available to the public for self cost price.

The service will start up in Sweden where we will be able to offer users in the Stockholm area (the capitol of Sweden) a courier service, the user can get the software within a few hours often the same day. For users outside the Stockholm area the transport will be with standard post delivered the day after the “download”.

We will not offer any support of the software, we will only act as a simple download site where the software will come as a reflective layer on a CD instead of electrons transferred via internet.

We would like to know if you can see any legal problems with this for your distribution Debian.

Best Regards

Christian Almstedt