Re: GPLv3 suggestion to solve KDE/QT problem and others

   Speaking of GPL v3, does anyone know the status of it?  My
understanding is that it's being worked on.
   One of the specific things I'm wondering about is GPL'ed software in
embedded devices.  While manufacturers of such devices currently have to
provide source for any GPL'ed code embedded in their device, this doesn't
mean that the software the device actually runs is practically modifiable.
ie, what I'm interested in is a requirement that, along with the source,
there is a practical way to actually change the software the device runs
(such as any ROMs containing the GPL'ed software being at least
replaceable by user-programmed ROMs without resort to soldering).
   I think this issue is going to become more important as more embedded
devices contain GPL'ed software (such as tivo).  Am I alone in this
desire?

Lynn