Re: ITP: oms -- Open Media System DVD Player

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:22:58PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> Brian--I've seen your comments on it on the harvard list.  In fact,
> you could read that the injunction applies to every warm body on Earth and
> every program that looks like it could possibly transfer a bit off a
> DVD.  The MPAA picked a good judge--he stayed bought.  However, this is

I don't see how you could possibly read that. I'm not in that judge's
jurisdiction.

As long as software authors don't make the fatal mistake to mention
local laws in global licenses, I don't see why Debian should.

We made available strong crypto when it was still illegal in France (for
all I know it still is in Russia), I seem to remember Doom being illegal
in Germany. There's no reason to deny those things to the rest of the
world.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed