Re: an unspecific license

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 10:28:15AM -0700, Bruce Sass wrote:
> I don't see how someone could rerelease the work under a non-DFSG
> license if the license it came with explicitly states that any
> redistribution must use a specific license agreement (the one that
> came with the original work).

[1] I don't think you understand what "public domain" means.

[2] Here, you're talking about a specific clause of a specific license --
this directly contradicts what you said you were asking about earlier
(and the concept expressed in the subject line).

[3] You didn't say anything about rereleases in your "this is not really
a license but it's a license anyways" proposal.

If you put contradictory terms into a license, you can't really predict
how a court would interpret it.

--
Raul