RE: Steelblue license

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Jeffry Smith wrote:

> > > 4.  Termination clause.
> >
> > It terminates if you violate it, not just because they say so.
>
> How do they determine you violated it?  Also, it requires you to

I imagine they would have to pursue legal action for this.  There is
nothing in the license that specifies that they get to determine whether
you violated it or not, so it would go to standard license-violation
methods.

> destroy all copies, so even you can't use it.  I probably would have

But there is no DFSG or moral advantage to requiring people to tolerate
violations of the license agreement.