Re: New license for UW-IMAP

Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>

> > One possible way of looking at this would be to say that allowing some
> > people to make the software proprietry is discriminating against everyone
> > who isn't allowed to make the software proprietry (thus failing point 6).

> Yeah, I can live with that interpretation.

Would that even keep FSF in the clear? The standard blurp about
"GPL version 2 or any later version" allows the FSF to suck up
the improvements people make and release them under a proprietary
Version 3.

Of course, quite strong arguments can be made that it is extremely
unlikely the FSF would ever do so, but I don't think a rule which
depends on judging the author's *intent* is the way we should go.

--
Henning Makholm                        "Nej, hvor er vi altså heldige! Længe
                                      leve vor Buxgører Sansibar Bastelvel!"