Re: Unfulfillable licence terms

Scripsit Michael Piefel <piefel@informatik.hu-berlin.de>

> Really, if someone can point me at how to contact Van Jacobson, he's quite
> famous after all, I'd be grateful as well. But what if he is simply
> unreachable? Is the licence perhaps somehow void in this case?

The legal situation is pretty clear: if you have tried to contact
the author and failed, your position is the exact same as if you
had indeed found him and he said no. (That is, unless you have
good reason to believe he has been dead for 70 years, which is
not yet relevant for the particular subset of copyrightable works
we're usually concerned with here).

--
Henning Makholm                         "These are a nasty breed. They sting
                                  you without waiting to be insulted first."