Re: is FDL DSFG compliant?

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Christian Surchi wrote:

> [Please Cc: to me]
>
> We have at least a package (linuxfacile) in woody, under FDL (Free
> Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html).
> Is that license DFSG free?

DFSG is for Software (the "S" in DFSG), so it's not an easy question...
I'll let the experts to answer that.

> And if it's free should we have it between
> common licenses in base-files package?

As soon as it becomes a "common" license, I will gladly include it in
base-files. A possible definition of "common" could be this one:
Whenever more than one package of standard or higher priority contains
documentation licensed under FDL.

In either case, I would like our Social Contract to be clarified about
document licensing.