Re: attached license of security scanner

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 02:19:04PM -0400, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> Just a nit pick:
>
> This license operates under the false assertion that it is by default
> unlawful to use a copyrighted work that you have lawfully aquired. In
> reality, you don't have to accept the license terms to use the program, only
> to engage in acts permitted by the license that would otherwise violate
> copyright law.

That's not a nit pick.  That false assertion is being wielded like a club
by large copyright cartels in an effort to de facto destroy the notion of
fair use so that it can be destroyed de jure with little fuss.

So, can we reject a license for uttering bullshit?

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   "Why do we have to hide from the police,
Debian GNU/Linux                |   Daddy?"