Re: a better copyleft licence

> You all know the sort of problem: according to some people's
> understanding of the GPL and copyright law, GPL software X cannot be
> linked with GPL-incompatible software Y and then distributed even if X
> and Y are separate works in separate packages.
>
> Invent yet another licence? I hope not.

I've been pondering this issue.  What do people think about the below?
We're considering using it in some new GPLed software we're
developing, so I'd appreciate feedback.

  This software is licensed under the GPL [... standard boilerplate.]

  In addition to the distribution rights granted by the GPL, this
  software may used as a module linked to other modules resulting in a
  whole which constitutes a single work, eg as a library linked into a
  program, even if the entire program is not licensed under terms
  compatible with the GPL, and the resulting work distributed,
  *provided* that the composite work is distributed under
  DFSG-compatible terms.