Re: Free Pine? Fsck Pine!

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Sven Guckes wrote:

> I don't see why Debian (or GNU, or "Linux")
> bothers with the IMAPD of UofW so much at all.
> Aren't there quite some replacements by now?

Nope. Not that are free software and/or full-featured.  Yet we're up to
our armpits in crappy POP3 servers with more coming out all the time.  I
wonder why no one cares about IMAP?

> Sure, "pine" has become a popular mailer -
> but it still is not capable of threading.
> But the IMAPD fgives us the nice "internal
> message - dont delete", and "pico" cannot
> be downlaoded and installed by itself.
> Sheesh.

Btw, IMAP 2000 (currently at release candidate 5) finally gets rid of the
pseudo-message.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>