Re: Squeak License DFSG free?

Marcus Denker <marcus@ira.uka.de> writes:

>      http://squeak.org/license.html

I'm not sure we can honor the preamble:

   PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT "LICENSE" CAREFULLY BEFORE
   DOWNLOADING THIS SOFTWARE. BY DOWNLOADING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE
   AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE
   TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.

The questions is wether this kind of licenses is binding or just void.

   2. Permitted Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to copy,
   install and use the Apple Software on an unlimited number of computers
   under your direct control. You may modify and create derivative works
   of the Apple Software ("Modified Software"), however, you may not
   modify or create derivative works of the fonts provided by Apple
   ("Fonts"). You may distribute and sublicense such Modified Software

The "Fonts" is clearly non-free. Can the package use fonts not
provided by Apple?

   6. Export Law Assurances. You may not use or otherwise export or
   reexport the Apple Software except as authorized by United States law
   and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Apple Software was
   obtained.

Doesn't this alone makes it non-free? I think we have discussed it
several times what it means when licenses explicite referes to some
laws which "isn't DFSG-free". I think that it makes the license
non-free, but I don't remember what we have agreed on.

--
Peter