Re: abcde could move to main if vorbize support added

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 10:39:46PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> > Package: abcde
> > Version: 1.1.2-1
> > Severity: wishlist
> >
> > If support for vorbize was added, abcde could move to main.
> >
> > (I'm assuming it's in contrib because it depends on a non-free mp3 encoder)
>
> No, actually it depends on unpackagable mp3 encoders. Except for the patent
> problem, they are completely free. It's sort of a weird way to put abcde in
> main, considering that very few people would actually use it with vorbize.
> But yes, this would put it in main.

I'd use it with vorbize, I've been itching to play with that more and
perhaps send a few bug reports and perhaps some patches.  Ogg Vorbis being
free of patent BS and about as good as 2/3 of the mp3 files on my drive,
well, I may have a pile of CDs to re-rip soon.

...hmm, wonder if Vorbize can do something like VBR yet...

<Culus> OH MY GOD NOT A RANDOM QUOTE GENERATOR
<netgod> surely you didnt think that was static? how lame would that be?
         :-)