Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 04:36:06PM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:
> This is the underlying issue in the dispute between the "Free Software"
> camp (Stallman) and the "Open Source" camp (Perens, Raymond).

I'm not sure Bruce Perens still has both feet in the Open Source camp.  He
wrote an article some time ago, but well after the founding of ESR's Open
Source Intiative, entitled "It's Time to Talk About Free Software Again".

Also, Bruce and ESR had something of a falling out, and Bruce either
resigned or threatened to resign from the OSI board.

This has been so long ago now that Bruce and ESR may have patched things
up.  Probably the best person to ask about Bruce's current position is
Bruce.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |         Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux               |         I met a man who wasn't there.