Motif is now almost free

This is un-fscking-believable!

http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/

http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/faq.html

QUESTION:

      How does the Open Group Public license relate to other licenses?

ANSWER:

     The Open Group Public License for Motif closely follows the IBM Public
License Version 1.0 , with an addition of the restriction (in clause 2)
regarding the applicability only to Open Source operating systems.

QUESTION:

     Does the Open Group Public License for Motif meet the Open Source
Guidelines?

ANSWER:

     No. The Open Group Public License for Motif grants rights only to use
the software on or with operating systems that are themselves Open Source
programs. In restricting the applicability of the license to Open Source
platforms this does not meet term 8 of the Open Software Definition
(http://www.opensource.org/osd.html).

QUESTION:

     Will Motif be made Open Source in the future?

ANSWER:

     Yes, we hope to be able to make a distribution under a license
complying with the Open Source guidelines sometime in the future. For now
this is as close as to Open Source as we could get.

http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/license/

There exist at least one distributor of Open Motif already:

http://www.motifzone.net/

But when we will see Open Motif in Debian?

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * U of Jyväskylä * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/ * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW !!"