Re: [Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>] maxima

Scripsit tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)

> No, I don't think so at all.  The clause states a fact; it does not
> add a requirement to the license.

I agree that could be the case, but I think it depends on exactly
where in the distribution the language appears. It *could* be
stated in such a way to include the laws in the license.

It would clearly be DFSG-free if the various copyright blurbs said
something like

  Copyright YYYY N.N. This software is covered by the GNU
  General Public Licence [blah blah] with the added condition
  that the following notice (which is not itself part of the
  license conditions) must be attached to any copy of the
  software:

     Please note that U.S. law makes it illegal for citizens
     with big beards to export this software to Antarctica.
     [blah blah]

which ought to make everyone happy.

--
Henning Makholm                             "Det er du nok fandens ene om at
                                         mene. For det ligger i Australien!"