Re: [Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>] maxima

Scripsit tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)

> No, I don't think so at all.  The clause states a fact; it does not
> add a requirement to the license.

I agree that could be the case, but I think it depends on exactly
where in the distribution the language appears. It *could* be
stated in such a way to include the laws in the license.

It would clearly be DFSG-free if the various copyright blurbs said
something like

  Copyright YYYY N.N. This software is covered by the GNU
  General Public Licence [blah blah] with the added condition
  that the following notice (which is not itself part of the
  license conditions) must be attached to any copy of the

     Please note that U.S. law makes it illegal for citizens
     with big beards to export this software to Antarctica.
     [blah blah]

which ought to make everyone happy.

Henning Makholm                             "Det er du nok fandens ene om at
                                         mene. For det ligger i Australien!"