Re: Musings on Darwin ...

Scripsit Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com>

> I'm not sure.  As I recall there might have been an issue
> related to notifications (under Section 2.2 You May Deploy
> Covered Code, provided...

> c) if You Deploy Covered Code containing Modifications made
> by You, inform others of how to obtain those Modifications by
> filling out and submitting the information found at
> http://www.apple.com/publicsource/modifications.html, if
> available; and ..etc..

> I think there was some objection to this.  Although it
> doesn't seem too onerous.  Perhaps there were concerns
> that it would impact downstream users?

Exactly. The point is that a downstream user must be allowed
to make modifications and share them with his neighbour, even
though neither the user or the neighbour has internet access.

Usesrs expect that of Debian.

--
Henning Makholm                                 "Slip den panserraket og læg
                                          dig på jorden med ansigtet nedad!"