Re: Free Documentation License

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 08:30:08PM -0400, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
>  I think we have a problem here. The DFSG clearly does not apply to
> documentation, just like the GPL. As the FSF created a new license, we need
> to create guidelines to what we consider a "free documentation", as in free
> speech.. =)

I'd phrase that "The DFSG does not clearly apply to documentation".

The underlying issues behind the DFSG apply to documentation (we need to
be able to legally distribute a coherent, easily administered operating
system).  But "software" is a loose term (mostly it's "stuff that's
not hardware).

--
Raul