Re: Heart of the debate

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > > I think you agree that the complete source code is an example of a "work
> > > based on the Program".
> >
> > Because it contains the Program yes.
>
> Hmm I need to think about this more, the complete source code is aggregated
> with the Program but it may be considered a collection of works

Oops, correction to my correction:

>none of which
should be only one of which

> contain the Program.

But you're right I need to think about this point more. I need to understand
the copyright definition of a derived work.

I would note that this doesn't seem to alter whether of not a KDE application
can be licensed under the GPL, but it's definitely important when it comes to
distributing the entire source code.

BFN,
Don.