Re: need sponsorship for sphinx

Joe Drew (hosehead@gemini.woot.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 05:28:02PM -0500, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> > i'm sure many of you noticed the release of CMU's Speech to Text as 'Open
> > Source' today on slashdot. after carefull inspection of the license, i found
> > that it isn't exactly free.
> What isn't free about it?

[lines pruned]

> As far as I can see, it complies with the DFSG - looks like standard
> BSD-type fare. Comments?

see part 3, derived works. that violates the open source guidelines. that
doesn't mean i'm not brimming with glee that we have access to it of course.

(jacob kuntz)                    jpk@cape.com jake@{megabite,underworld}.net
(megabite systems)     "think free speech, not free beer." (gnu foundataion)