Re: Uploaded mirror 2.9-13slink15 (source all) to master

Scripsit Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> > If the software has a patch clause, we require that modified
> > binaries can be distributed. But this particular package doesn't
> > have any binaries because it's a perl script.

> Strange. Do you mean this package has not a .deb?

No, he means that the word "binaries" usually means files which
contain machine code. As such, the *letter* of the DFSG does not
apply to perl source that goes into the .deb.

However, the clear *intention* of the DFSG must have been that the
license must allow shipping the files that go into the .deb in
modified form, whether or not they contain machine code.

Henning Makholm                       "Man vælger jo selv sine forbilleder."