Re: Uploaded mirror 2.9-13slink15 (source all) to master

Scripsit Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> > If the software has a patch clause, we require that modified
> > binaries can be distributed. But this particular package doesn't
> > have any binaries because it's a perl script.

> Strange. Do you mean this package has not a .deb?

No, he means that the word "binaries" usually means files which
contain machine code. As such, the *letter* of the DFSG does not
apply to perl source that goes into the .deb.

However, the clear *intention* of the DFSG must have been that the
license must allow shipping the files that go into the .deb in
modified form, whether or not they contain machine code.

--
Henning Makholm                       "Man vælger jo selv sine forbilleder."