Re: ibm jdk licence

On 11 Jan 2000, Henning Makholm wrote:

> Robert Varga <robi@piros.zold.net> quotes a stupid license:
>
> > "You may only use the Program Code if you are a current licensee of RedHat
> > 6.0 Linux or Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 operating system.
>
> Is there even such a thing as "a licensee of RedHat 6.0"?

Dunno, probably there is. It also has a license agreement, does it not?

> > I would like to know whether there is a legally acceptable way to install
> > IBM JDK or IBM JRE on a Debian GNU/Linux system,
>
> Apparently not - except getting an explicit permission from IBM.

That's what I was afraid of... Any hints about an email address or a phone
number of a contact person to approach at IBM? We used to do business with
IBM Hungary, and have a quite serious relationship with them, as a
solution provider and education center for some IBM products but I don't
think that the licensing issues would be the responsibility of IBM
Hungary.

Robert Varga