Re: vis5d license

> Don't you think it is possible to persuade them that they
> GPL their code?

You could try.  I'm sure they don't use the code any more.

> Oh, it does. I only have to dig out one of those versions
> and get that into Debian. Of course I will have to remove
> lui5 from the sources.

D3D isn't public yet, although I've been trying to convince
Forecast Systems Lab to go public with it (they are porting
a lot of their software to Linux).  You could solicit the
Vis5D mailing list for other versions, or just check out
the web links on the Vis5D web page.

These days almost all my energy goes into VisAD.  But I do
want to see Vis5D continue to be useful to its users, who
span the spectrum from non-programmers to expert programmers.

Cheers,
Bill
hibbard@facstaff.wisc.edu  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738