Re: Corel

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> wrote:
> What I am really disappointed in was the reaction I saw places such as
> Slashdot.  We all know the average Slashdot poster these days is .. not
> exactly guaranteed to be clued, but I believe the comments I read were an
> embarassment to each and everyone in the Linux community and the Free
> Software movement in general.

Dude.  It's not news that CmdrTaco and gang can greatly influence
almost any reaction from the Slashdot *mob*. I don't actually have
anything against Slashdot (really, I quite like it -- it's almost
self-regulating in several ways) but clearly they do share some of the
responsibility/credit for the extent of the reaction.  Besides which,
Corel did do something monumentally stupid which indeed speaks very
badly for Corel as a whole.

This is the way it is and has been for a long time.  Unfortunately,
you and Corel will have to deal with it as others have already.

Cheers,
Navin