Re: License ok? Opinion needed.

To the extent that it is "US specific" in its discrimination, I suppose it is
actually *good* -- this means it is unrestricted for use by the government of,
say, Canada or France.  Indeed I do not think there is any restriction against
their use.

FWIW, this license is for software which has not been actively developed by the
original authors for some 4 years, their company has since been acquired,
though others have continued work on the software.  The new code is all GPL,
LGPL  and other non-troublesome licenses.  Anyhow, I think it is likely to be
difficult or impossible to renegotiate license terms with the original
copyright holder.

Exposing some personal bias here: I wouldn't mind it if the entire Debian
distribution prohibited use by the U.S. Gov't (esp. Janet Reno & Co.) -- they
don't really engage in any legitimate "field of endeavor" after all.  :)

Oh well -- should this go in non-free or main, then?