Re: [PHP4BETA] License concerns

> That means that it won't be possible to include PHP4 in linux
> distributions, like Debian. Or at least, not linked against gdbm. Actually
> that isn't that bad, I wanted to get rid of this gdbm dependency in the
> .debs for quite a while since it is deprecated :) But this doesn't make it
> a non-issue.

Apache is not GPL'ed either.  The PHP license is pretty much a clone of
Apache's license.  Apache also optionally links against gdbm through the
mod_auth stuff.  I don't see a difference.

The Zend part is QPL'ed, so whatever the Debian guys do to distribute KDE
with the QPL'ed qt library, they can do for PHP with the QPL'ed Zend
library.

-Rasmus