Re: KDrill - YAL

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 12:02:18PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:
> > Fabien Ninoles wrote:
>
> > >   b) Full source code [binaries optional]
> > >        You may choose to provide source modifications, and binaries based
> > >        on those modifications. However, the original program
> > >        distribution must be present, in its entirety, unaltered,
> > >        along with your files.
>
> > This seems to be all we need for DFSG-freeness.  It explicitly allows
> > "binaries based on those modifications".
>
> Yeah, but does it allow a CD vendor to sell a set of only binary CDs
> (offering source CDs for media costs as a separate purchase)?

Yes, as long as the source CDs can be purchase. The GPL is more clear than
this license but ask for the same thing. However, it doesn't ask for the
original source to be present [simply notifications of modifications,
IIRC], that's why I wasn't sure of its dfsg compliance.

> --
> Henning Makholm

Fabien Ninoles                                             GULUS founder
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70