Re: IBM public license

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:
> Henning Makholm wrote:

> > It spells this out loud and clear:

> > | When the Program is made available in source code form:
> > |     a) it must be made available under this Agreement; and
> > |     b) a copy of this Agreement must be included with each copy of the
> > |        Program.
> >

> Hmm, but it does not say "it must be made available _solely_ under
> this Agreement".

An interesting word game, but I think that a permission to relicense
a work under arbitrary terms needs to be a little more explicit than
this.

The *only* place wher the IPL allows relicensing is this:

| A Contributor may choose to distribute the Program in object code form
| under its own license agreement, provided that:

which specifically does not cover redistribution of (modified or
unmodified) sources.

> If the licenses are compatible in the first place,

What do you mean, precisely, by that?

--
Henning Makholm