Re: IBM public license

Raul Miller <moth@magenta.com> writes:
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

> > This clearly states that the parts I reuse from the IBM-licenses
> > program must be GPL-licensed when I distribute my program. Which IBM
> > does not allow me to.

> Yes: the IBM license lets a contributor put another license on the
> program,

No it does not. It only allows changes of license for *binaries*.

It spells this out loud and clear:

| When the Program is made available in source code form:
|     a) it must be made available under this Agreement; and
|     b) a copy of this Agreement must be included with each copy of the
|        Program.

which means that I can *not* distribute snippets of the IBM source
under the GPL, hence can *not* use said snippets in a GPLed project.
Regardless of whether GPL is transitive or not.

--
Henning Makholm